Your privacy is important to us.
We value the trust you have placed in us, and are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us.
MY VILLA IN ST-BARTH.COM understands that making an online booking involves a great deal of trust on your part.
We take this trust very seriously, and we are committed to protecting and ensuring your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting WWW.MY VILLAINST-BARTH.COM you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site WWW.MY VILLAINST-BARTH.COM (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, open a host account, post material, edit your profile, book a stay, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and if you are a user with accommodation to rent out (a host), bank account or PayPal details, or if you are a user who wishes to rent out accommodation (a Guest) and make a booking via our site, billing information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site or a booking.
2. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number or email address used to contact our customer service department.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
3. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in them table below.
YOUR PERSONAL DATAS
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology, processed and stored by our payment service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE FOR YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
* To contact you in relation to a listing, booking or proposed booking, including providing you with booking confirmation and updates.
* To provide you with the products and services you request.
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
* To manage your account, including processing payments and refunds and providing notifications.
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
* As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
* To notify you about changes to our service.
* To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
* Where you make a booking or list a property on our website, we may also contact credit or identity reference agencies with information you provide to enable us to confirm your identity and/or whether you own the listed property.
* Finally, to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them and/or to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information, products or services we provide, which we feel may interest you.
We may combine information from other sources with the information you give us or we collect about you. We may use the combined information for the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
MY VILLA IN ST-BARTH.COM is designed to allow hosts and guests to share information with one another in order to facilitate arranging stays. Listings posted by hosts, ratings and reviews of hosts and guests, and the profile information (as described below) of hosts and guests are, as far as you allow it, visible to any visitor to the site.
If you post a listing, we may also display the geographical location of your property in the form of a map so that potential guests can see the general area and neighbourhood of your property. Note that users will never have access to your billing information.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.